Before & After: When Farmhouse Meets Modern Glam
When your client tells you she’s obsessed with cows and pigs, there’s only one thing to do…
We did just that, but her newly designed custom home is anything but “farm-y.” Take a look at our rendition of Modern Farmhouse Glam to see for yourself.
Ground had just broken on our client’s custom home when she asked us to help furnish the entire interior and exterior. As a business executive with little time to spare, she wanted her home to be a place to relax and unwind without having too much upkeep.
Because we were brought in early, we were able to collaborate with the builder and in-house designer on the palette, materials selections, and finishes that would create the perfect space for her tastes and lifestyle.
TRANSFORMATION BY ROOM
This breakfast nook is the perfect place to cozy up and enjoy the view. Here’s how we did it…
- Simple and rustic farmhouse-style table
- Beautiful polished pendant for subtle glamour
- Minimal furnishings to keep the space feeling open and clean
This kitchen is gorgeous in its simplicity…
- A bright and spacious island that invites entertaining
- Polished metal seats and fixtures bring in the right touch of glam
- A fixture style that carries through the farmhouse vibe
- Mostly-white palette keeps the space feeling very open
Our design for this room received the following response...
"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Never would I have thought to do this.
It's so much better than what I would have come up with!” — Client
What does this room get exactly right?
- Faux lizard skin wallpaper introduces a subtle but intriguing visual texture to the room (see close-up below)
- The contrast between warm brown and blue creates a space that is both comfortable and refreshing
- White trim visually raises the ceiling and highlights the room’s gorgeous paneling
- An oversized and glamorous chandelier makes a statement
- Abstract acrylic art is just the right dose of drama
This beautiful family room upholds all the themes we’ve incorporated throughout the rest of the house… and still looks like a completely different space!
- A coffee table that goes hand-in-hand with the style of the kitchen island chairs
- A couch that mimics the style of the chairs in the dining room
- Tall draperies that help visually raise the room (and are also very practical here)
- Pillows that continue the animal theme
You’ll notice that we kept the coffee table relatively clear and that most of the furnishings — sofa, art, plants, and cabinets — hug the perimeter. This keeps the area feeling more open and spacious.
Yep, that’s a llama!
This framed llama photo made our client’s day when she saw it. It’s exactly the touch of whimsy we like to add to our designs — something a little crafty, creative, and unexpected to keep the space from taking itself too seriously!
OUTDOOR LIVING SPACE
We continued our warm gray and brown color palette onto the patio, with simple chairs, a beautiful stone fireplace and surround, and several outdoor pillows. The wine was just for fun. ;)
There you have it! Farmhouse style meets modern glamour. Our client was thrilled, and we had far too much fun in the process.
What MOO-re could we ask for? (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)
Ready to take on your home design project? Let Maria Causey Interior Design bring your vision to life! To receive more information or a proposal for your next project, contact us today.